Educational Media -
The library has over 1300 videos and DVDs covering the RTC curriculum. Want to know if we have anything for your RTC program? Call us at (425) 235-2331.
The library is located at: 3000 NE Fourth St, Renton, WA 98056
In RTC Library:
Teaching on TV and Video.
Call #: 371.3358 AYERS 1999
Switched on?: Video Resources in Modern Language Settings.
Call #: 418.00284 FAWKES 1999
On the Web:
1. Use it to show skills or procedures you canít easily demonstrate or practice in the classroom.
2. Use it to show an environment that you canít recreate in the classroom.
3. Use it to lower the anxiety students feel when they are going into an unfamiliar workplace.
4. Use it to encourage critical thinking by:
5. Use it to teach special safety rules or procedures. Use a commercial video, or make your own.
6. Use it to entertain! Entertaining and informative titles include ďThe Invisible Man Meets the MummyĒ Ė a customer service video by CRM, the many basic skills tapes by the Standard Deviants, or the No-brainers tapes on writing resumes.
7. 7. Make your own to provide personal feedback to your students.
8. Use it to help your ESL students learn the vocabulary of their trade, with pronunciation and accents, and to test learning comprehension. And if itís a library video, they can check it out to review the lesson at home!
True: The first Harley-Davidson prototype used a tomato can for a carburetor.
|RTC Library Home Page Page 1 2 3|