Promoting a safe and inclusive learning environment for LGBTQ students at Renton Technical College.
We are committed to promoting a safe and inclusive learning environment for LGBTQ students at Renton Technical College. There are a number of resources and programs on campus specifically supporting LGBTQ students, staff and faculty and their allies:
- LGBTQ Terminology and FAQs
This document serves as a guide for RTC staff, faculty and students to commonly-asked questions and terminology related to the LGBTQ community. Use this guide to help inform conversations focused on LGBTQ issues. Campus Safe Zones Projects and Training.
- RTC “Just Be” LGBTQ Club
To join this club, visit the Student Leadership Office in J216.
- Information about Gender/Sexual Orientation Questions on Registration Forms
- Are there gender neutral bathrooms on campus?
Yes, the gender neutral bathroom is located in the I Building (Roberts Campus Center) between the RTC Bookstore and the Financial Aid Office.
- LGBTQ Local Web Resources
- SafeZones Program
- What is a SafeZone? We started the SafeZone Program to identify, train, and support advocates of the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer/Questioning) community at Renton Technical College.
- Taking Steps Together
Being an advocate for the LGBTQ community at RTC requires having a support system, knowledge about the issues and a deep respect for diversity. With SafeZones, RTC has become a place where we can have conversations, answer questions and provide resources for individuals who identify as LGBTQ and for allies.
- RTC’s SafeZone Program works to:
- Uphold RTC's responsibility to create a safe climate for all students
- Help students to identify allies on campus
- Make issues around gender and sexual identity visible and positive
- Provide resources and support for allies and advocates
- Provide strong role models for mentoring and supporting LGBTQ community members
- Create a stronger sense of community through greater understanding of LGBTQ culture
- RTC Allies & Advocates
Sometimes you need more than understanding. Many RTC staff and faculty have completed SafeZone training, and have committed themselves to be your Allies & Advocates. Contact anyone on this list to talk about sexual and/or gender identity issues.
||(425) 235-2352 x5978
||Assistant Director of Human Resources
||Instructor, Basic Studies/ESL
||(425) 235-2352 x5593
||Instructor, Computer Network Technican Program
||(425) 235-2352 x5712
||(425) 235-2352 x5678
||Instructor, Phlebotomy Program (IBEST)
||(425) 235-2352 x2079
||Student Leadership Program Coordinator
||(425) 235-2352 x7785
||Director of Student Success Services
||Instructor, Surgical Technology Program (IBEST)
||(425) 235-2352 x2208
|Mccurdy ||Kristin ||Academic Advisor, Workforce Development ||(425) 235-2352 x5856 ||I-222
|Nguyen ||Ha ||Academic Advisor, Automotive & Technical Programs ||(425) 235-2352 x5540 ||I-223
|O'Connor ||Sheila ||Instructor, Medical Assistant Program ||(425) 235-2470 ||B-125
|Paquette ||Martin ||Instructor, Land Surveying Program ||(425) 235-2338 ||J-204A
|Pomeroy ||Camille ||Instructor, Basic Studies/GED ||(425) 235-2352 x2078 ||D-110
|Samson ||Wil ||Website & Portal Administrator ||(425) 235-5842 ||C-112A
|Seals ||Corinne ||Basic Studies Special Project Coordinator ||(209) 840-2162 ||B-119C
|Skoczen ||Zefire ||Instructor, Massage Therapy Practitioner Program ||(425) 235-2352 x5729 ||B-108
|Smith ||Kendra ||Director of Communications & Marketing ||(425) 235-2356 ||C-112D
|Supinski ||Jessica ||Director of Student Programs & Engagement ||(425) 235-2352 x2109 ||J-216A
|Wilson ||Catherine ||Dental Clinic Coordinator ||(425) 235-2436 ||B-101E
|Winfrey ||Heather ||Director of RTC Foundation ||(425) 235-2415 ||C-112F