The library is located on the second floor of the Technology Resource Center (Building C). The mailing address is:
Renton Technical College
3000 NE Fourth Street
Renton, WA 98056
The Library is closed all school holidays. Check the calendar to see dates the library is closed. Between quarters, Library hours are: Monday - Friday 10AM - 2PM.
During Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters, Library hours are:
|Monday||7AM – 8PM|
|Tuesday||7AM – 8PM|
|Wednesday||7AM – 8PM|
|Thursday||7AM – 8PM|
|Friday||7AM – 4:30PM|
The library offers the following services and resources:
- Reference assistance in the Library
- Reference assistance off-campus through email or chat, using Ask WA
- Library orientations
- Library Workshops
- Internet access and office software access
- Online databases
- LibGuides - research guides to useful websites, books, and program information.
- Interlibrary loan
- Microsoft IT Academy. Email us for more information at librarian@RTC.edu
- Group study rooms
- Reciprocal borrowing agreement with other Technical and Community colleges
- Lots of study space
Renton Technical College Library makes every reasonable effort to provide all students, including those with disabilities, with access to its collections and service. Click here for more information on services for students with disabilities.
The library's collection includes:
- Over 75,000 paper and electronic books, covering all areas of the curriculum
- Thousands of electronic and paper journals and magazines
- Over 2,000 videos, audiotapes, and CD-ROMs
- The Darrell Anderson Culinary Archives
- Most books - 2 weeks
- Videos and audiotapes - 1 week
- Magazines - 1 week
- Reserves - 3 days
- At-desk reserves - varies
- Reference materials - in library use only
A current RTC ID card is required for materials check-out. (These are available at the Learning Resource & Career Center, on the first floor of the library building.). Items may be renewed several times if no one has registered a request for them. Renewing items (video).
For information on searching the catalog, click here: Catalog search. (Works best in IE. You must have Flash activated on your browser to view this video.)
Any current RTC student, faculty, or staff member may get an RTC ID card. Students can get these from the Learning Resource & Career Center, on the first floor of the library building. Faculty and Staff should contact HR to get their ID card/badges. You will be financially responsible for all items checked out on your account. Please let the library staff know if you have lost your ID card or changed your address or phone number.
- Cheyenne Roduin, Library Director
- Jayne Ahrens, Library Specialist
- Yueh-Lin Chen, Library Specialist
- Debbie Crumb, Librarian
- Paula LeClaire, Library Coordinator
- Laura Staley, Media Librarian
The Library Resource Center [LRC] supports the mission and goals of Renton Technical College [RTC]. To meet the needs of the college community, the LRC provides collections, services, and facilities to support our educational programs and to support professional teacher development. The LRC also provides orientation and instruction in effective utilization of information resources whether they are housed in the LRC or at other locations.
To find out what's new at RTC Library, check out our Library blog.
Logging onto RTC databases over the Internet
- Click on this link.
- Select the database you wish to search.
- You will be asked for your Renton Technical College Identification number. This is the number you use when registering for classes. It often begins with 8.
- You will also be asked for your last name.
- The form is not case-sensitive - you can type in 'Smith' or 'smith'.
If you have questions or problems logging in or using the databases, please contact the Library at 425 235-2331.
Art in the Technology Resource Center
The Library and TRC building house several art works. Click here to see pictures and brief descriptions.