Applications Developer (Year One of Computer Science program)
Applications developers use computer languages to create programs that perform specific tasks on computers and other devices. It is a useful specialty for high-demand jobs such as website developer, database designer, support specialist, and software tester. Students in this program will learn and practice subjects such as Web design and graphics, PC hardware and networking, basic programming, and database theory and design. The Application Developer program is a certificate option in the two-year Computer Science certificate/degree program. Students may choose to complete the certificate or continue their studies for another year to earn a degree.
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary based on specific program requirements. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Must take Accuplacer or ASSET test before entering the program or being placed on the pre-registration list.
- Counselor and instructor interview.
|Course #||Course Title||Crs|
|COL 101||College Success||3|
|CSI 101||PC Hardware and Networking||6|
|CSI 102||Office Applications and Business Communications||6|
|CSI 145||Web Design||7|
|CSI 147||Web Graphics||7|
|CSI 152||Introduction to Programming||6|
|CSI 154||Introduction to C# Programming||7|
|CSI 155||Object-Oriented Programming with C#||7|
|CSI 156||Introduction to Database Theory and Design||7|
|CSI 159||Applied Database Development||7|
|CSI 171||Software Testing||4|
|AMATH 174J||Computer Mathematics||4|
|CSI 182||Leadership and Teamwork in Systems Analysis||4|
Learning Outcomes for Applications Developer Program:
- Demonstrate appropriate business and technical skills for entry into IT
- Create and modify graphics based projects using a variety of digital imaging software and technologies
- Design, develop, and test Windows based programming applications and web pages
- Use Microsoft Office applications to complete writing projects, presentations, and data base projects
- Be able to create, explain, and implement basic software testing plans
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.