The ASG is the representative voice of the RTC Student Body. ASG members are responsible for representing student interests to the college administration and for facilitating the organization of a broad range of student committees that work to address issues and concerns and promote services that enhance students' experience at RTC. The Director of Student Programs and Engagement serves as an adviser to the ASG. The ASG has two bodies; the paid Executive Board and the 25+ member paid Student Senate.
ASG Executive Board
The ASG Executive Board has up to 12 members who participate (August through June). All board members work with each other and campus groups to provide activities and events and work in the ASG office up to 17 hours per week. All students enrolled in a full-time program and have earned a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA are eligible to apply.
Executive Board Members Are Required To:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher throughout the tenure
- Be enrolled in a full-time program (except summer)
- Work 10-17 hours per week
- Attend weekly ASG meetings every Wednesday from 2:40-4 p.m. (currently meeting through Zoom)
- Participate in E Board training and travel throughout the year as available and warranted
- Participate in RTC Councils including:
- Resource and Planning Council
- Facilities Council
- Technology Council
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council
- Learning Council
- Accessibility Council
The ASG Senate is the larger representative voice of the RTC Student Body, comprised of 25+ students from all RTC programs. ASG Senators are responsible for allocating more than $500,000 annually in student fees, sanctioning student organizations, and for voting on legislation proposed by the ASG Executive Board.
Some funding allocations include:
- Approving an ASG budget of over $500,000
- Approving club applications and club budgets
- Respond to special funding requests
- Men of Merit
- Women of Merit
- Report back on college council meetings
- work on other campus entities for successful events
- Foundation events
- Campus events and activities
- Welcome back events
- Unity Festival
- Holiday celebrations
- Lunar New Year
What are the requirements to serve as an ASG senator?
- Be currently enrolled at RTC in at least five credits/quarter
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Attend and participate in ASG Senate Meetings
- Pass a parliamentary procedures test (Robert's Rules of Order)
The ASG Senate meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month (October - May) from 2:30- 4 p.m. (Currently meeting via Zoom). Anyone is welcome to attend.
Join the meeting here
The Executive Board and Senate members are all paid positions.