Message from President Kevin McCarthy
Feb. 13, 2019
I am very pleased to announce that Renton Technical College will start normal operations up again Thursday morning, February 14th. As I wrote last night, crews have been working diligently to ensure a safe environment after the storms. With that in mind, there are still lingering effects from the storms that require all of us to navigate around campus responsibly:
- Be cautious in walking and driving around campus, take your time.
- Depending on overnight temperatures, be alert for icy patches.
- Drivers and pedestrians may have to share the roadways in areas where paths are not yet cleared, so be careful and watch for each other.
- Buildings H and J have limited entry points – there will be signage pointing to where people should enter (these entry points are wheelchair accessible).
- Prepare to use alternative paths and more time to get to your destination – many sidewalks are not yet cleared.
- Be mindful that snow is still melting off roofs.
- Make decisions on your travel to campus according to your safety and circumstances.
- Until the lots are clear, you may park wherever you choose, with the exception of ADA designated spots which require a permit.
Again, my thanks to the security, facilities, and custodial staff involved with the clean-up and to everyone in our community for their patience.