The Renton Technical College Accounting Program has partnered with the Internal Revenue Service to offer free income tax preparation and electronic filing for eligible taxpayers. Interested taxpayers can get assistance Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-6 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. through April 17 (except during Spring Break March 24-April 1) in Building H, room 305. If a participant is filing jointly with a spouse, both must be present. No reservation is required, but please arrive one hour before the posted closing time.
What to bring:
- Picture ID
- Social security cards for all persons shown on tax returns
- All W2 Forms for wages
- All 1099s for interest, dividends and misc. income
- Form 1099-G for unemployment compensation
- Documentation of Medical Insurance Coverage
- Receipts and documentation for deductions claimed and educations expenses.
Taxpayers are not eligible for this free service if they have:
- Self-employment – Expenses over $10,000
- Capital gains and loses – Schedule D
- Active Duty Military (special certification)
- Rental real estate and royalties
- Business Entities, Partnerships and Corporations
- Cancellation of Debt – Personal Residence
- Moving Expenses
For more information, contact John Newcome, Accounting Instructor, at jnewcome@RTC.edu.