Health Care Navigator
This certificate covers navigating and coordinating care in health and human services systems. Incorporated in the certificate are factors affecting patients such as chronic disease, behavioral health, wellness and patient activation and engagement. Communication strategies such as patient/client coaching, motivational interviewing, and health literacy are covered. Diverse patient experience, decision support, and advocacy will be explored. Relevant case studies and applied learning strategies are used to build skills and knowledge.
Enrollment Points: Fall, Winter
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary based on specific program requirements. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
- Language Skills: Students will be asked to compose basic business letters, memos and reports. Students entering without basic skills in English, grammar and mechanics may take longer to complete.
- Computer Applications: Students should be computer literate at least at the basic level in a Windows PC environment. Students entering without basic computer skills may take longer to complete.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|COL 101||College Success||2|
|MAP 101||Introduction to Medical Terminology||5|
|MAP 114||Computer Fundamentals (Office 365)||5|
|MAP 115||Advanced MS Office and Keyboarding (MOS)||5|
|MAP 120||Human Relations||2|
|MAP 123||Patient Navigation and Chronic Illness||3|
|MAP 190||Career Opportunities and Employment Expectations||2|
|MAP 208||Patient Navigation and the Healthcare System||3|
|MAP 211||Navigating EHRs in Healthcare||3|
|AMATH 164V||Introduction to Mathematical Operations||2|
- Locate and evaluate patient resources.
- Learn strategies for working with the healthcare team.
- Learn communication strategies for building effective client relationships.
- Model ethical behavior.
- Assess client readiness to make health decisions.
- Learn basic concepts of motivational interviewing.
- Maintain patient confidentiality under HIPAA regulations.
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.