I-BEST (INTEGRATED BASIC EDUCATION & SKILLS TRAINING)
I-BEST is designed to support student learning in college training programs.
I-BEST students are taught by a CCP (College and Career Pathways) instructor and a Program instructor.
As an I-BEST student, you will receive more support than in a traditional college program. Both instructors teach together, but focus on different skills. The Program instructor focuses on skills needed for the industry, while the CCP instructor teaches skills like math, reading, and writing to help students be successful in the program and in the industry.
I-BEST students also have an extra class to help develop study skills.
I-BEST students are 20% more likely to complete their certificate and degree programs than compared to students enrolled in traditional programs.
As an I-BEST student, you may be eligible for the Opportunity Grant, depending on the program.
- You must complete all of the program requirements prior to enrollment.
- You are required to take a CASAS test at the beginning of the program and then at the end of each quarter.
Eligibility: Students must have a CASAS score in Math and Reading of 255 or below. Running Start Students are not eligible for I-BEST.
Current Integrated Programs:
|Applications Developer (1st year of Computer Science program)||ABE Level 3 & ESL Level 5||Certificate, AAS or AAS-T Degree Options|
|Medical Assistant||ABE & ESL Level 5||Certificate, AAS or AAS-T degree Options|
|Nursing Assistant||ABE Level 4 & ESL Level 5||NA Certificate|
|Early Childhood Careers||ABE & ESL Level 4||Certificate (multiple options available), AAS or AAS-T Degree Options|
|Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair||ABE & ESL Level 3||Certificate (multiple options available), AAS degree option|
|Welding||ABE Level 3 & ESL Level 4||Certificate (multiple options available), AAS degree option|
|Computer Network Technician||ABE Level 3 & ESL Level 5||Certificate, AAS or AAS-T Degree Options|
*I-BEST offerings are subject to periodic changes, please see an adviser or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WHAT DO I DO NOW?
- Select an integrated program above
- Review the entry requirements for the program you selected.
- See an adviser or email email@example.com for more information.
- Construction Center of Excellence
- State Board for Community & Technical Colleges I-BEST
- Seattle Times Article Featuring RTC’s I-BEST Program