Revenue Management Specialist
Good healthcare is more than just providing medical services. It also the work behind the scenes that makes it possible. The Revenue Management Specialist program prepares students to support doctors and other healthcare professionals with much of the administrative tasks in their clinics, offices, insurance companies and other settings. Students will learn how schedule patients, compose and produce documents, transcribe medical reports, and manage medical and financial records.
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Hours may vary based on specific program requirements. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
- Language Skills: Students will be asked to compose basic business letters, memos and reports. Students entering without basic skills in English, grammar and mechanics may take longer to complete.
- Computer Applications: Students should be computer literate at least at the basic level in a Windows PC environment. Students entering without basic computer skills may take longer to complete.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|COL 101||College Success||2|
|MAP 101||Introduction to Medical Terminology||5|
|MAP 114||Computer Fundamentals (Office 365)||5|
|MAP 115||Advanced MS Office and Keyboarding (MOS)||5|
|MAP 120||Human Relations||2|
|MAP 123||Patient Navigation and Chronic Illness||3|
|MAP 147||Insurance Claims, Processing, and Adjudication||2|
|MAP 155||Introduction to Excel in Healthcare||3|
|MAP 190||Career Opportunities and Employment Expectations||2|
|MAP 201||Diagnostic and Procedural Coding||5|
|MAP 208||Patient Navigation and the Healthcare System||3|
|MAP 211||Navigating EHRs in Healthcare||3|
|MAP 247||Introduction to Medical Databases||3|
|MAP 280||Current Legal Aspects of Healthcare||5|
|MAP 285||The Revenue Cycle||5|
|AMATH 164V||Introduction to Mathematical Operations||2|
|COMP 100||Applied Composition or|
|ENGL& 101||English Composition||5|
- Perform business functions in a medical office.
- Model ethical behavior.
- Communicate effectively with patients, co-workers and industry professionals.
- Promote a positive workplace environment.
- Evaluate medical documentation to identify and assign procedure and diagnostic codes.
- Analyze clinic coding performance by extracting or auditing revenue performance.
- Disseminate information on coding standards and requirements to optimize reimbursement.
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.