The Enrollment Services' physical offices are currently closed to the public through April 24. We're available by phone, text, or email, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Enrollment Services is located in the Roberts Campus Center (Building I).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (425) 235-2352 x5978
- Text: (425) 448-3493
Enrollment Services provides the following services:
- Admitting students to Renton Technical College
- Registering students for classes
- Assisting students with transferring in credits from other college and universities
- Producing official transcripts for students
- Certifying RTC certificates and degrees
Students who have had program-related coursework at other institutions prior to attending Renton Technical College may be awarded transfer credit. The College maintains credit reciprocity agreements with many institutions of higher learning. Students transferring from other institutions must have an official transcript and courses with less than a "C" or 2.0 grades will not be accepted. To have your transcript evaluated, submit your official transcript and a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form to the Office of Enrollment Services. Once the paperwork is submitted, determinations are generally made within two weeks.
Applicants must be 18 years of age, possess the vocational interest and goals related to their chosen program of study, and are able to benefit from instruction. Individual programs may have additional entrance requirements related to licensure or require specific educational credentials. Admission to the College may be initiated in person, by mail, or online.
Apply for Admissions
Students can apply for admission using one of following methods:
- Online Services (Click on the "Admission" link in the left navigation)
- Mail the application to:
Renton Technical College
3000 NE Fourth Street
Renton, WA 98056
- In person at the Admissions/Registration department in building I - Roberts Campus Center during business hours.
All applicants are required to pay a $30 non-refundable admissions application fee upon completion of admissions application.
Continuing students are required to register online.
More information and policies regarding the registration process may be found here.
Transfer Student & Residency Information
- Transfer Course Equivalency Guides
- Advanced Placement (AP) Test Score Equivalencies at RTC
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Score Equivalencies at RTC
- Transfer Student Rights
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Last appointment of the day will be 4 p.m.
Cashiering is conveniently located directly next to the Enrollment Services service counter in the Roberts Campus Center (Building I). All manner of student payments may be paid here, including tuition, fees, and testing center charges.
The timely payment of tuition and fees is expected by all students attending Renton Technical College. Payment is due within five business days from the date of registration. Any students who have not paid tuition by this due date will be dropped from their classes for non-payment.
The hours of operation and contact information for Cashiering are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m.- 4:00 p.m
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (425) 235-2352 ext. 5910
- Text: (425) 215-0877
Late registration fee:
A $75 late fee will be charged to students currently enrolled in a program at RTC who have not registered before the first day of the quarter. This does not apply to new students registering for the first time.