COVID-19 Emergency Aid
if you are experiencing financial hardship due to coronavirus, and need assistance with food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, or child-care expenses, please submit the COVID 19 CARES Act Emergency Aid Inquiry form to the Financial Aid Office. If you have any questions, please us at email@example.com or (425) 235-5841. You can view how RTC distributed CARES Act Funding here.
The primary objective of financial aid is to assist students and their parents in meeting basic educational costs. All financial aid programs at Renton Technical College are administered in accordance with established state and federal regulations and policies. At the core of these policies is the belief that financing a student's education is the primary responsibility of the student and his/her family. If combined resources are not sufficient to cover expenses, a student may be eligible for financial aid. A student's financial aid award is based on a demonstrated financial need. That is calculated as follows:
Scholarship opportunities at Renton Technical College are offered quarterly by the RTC Foundation. These funds are generously donated by individuals, organizations, and companies committed to student success. To find out more information about scholarships, please see the Foundation Scholarship page.
Financial aid priority dates information
- A priority date is the date for students to submit all required documents to the Financial Aid office, after having completed FAFSA or WASFA.
- If the student meets the priority dates, a tuition hold will be placed to protect classes from not being dropped for non-payment until the 5th day of the quarter
- If the student did not meet the priority date, the financial aid office will continue to process completed files after the priority date; however, the student will not be given a tuition hold
- It is the student’s responsibility to make payment arrangements with the Cashiers Office or look for alternative resources to pay for tuition/fees, if:
- The student file is not processed by the 5th day of the quarter (100% refund Census Date)
- The student is not eligible for aid or doesn’t have sufficient funding
- The student has not met the quarterly priority date
Below are the priority dates for the 2020-2021 academic year:
- Summer 2020: Extended to May 29, 2020 (original date was April 3rd)
- Fall 2020: Extended to August 28, 2020 (original date was July 24th)
- Winter 2021: Extended to November 20, 2020 (original date was November 6th)
- Spring 2021: Extended to February 12, 2021 (original date was February 5th)
Our financial aid office is currently experiencing delays in replying to emails, texts, and voicemails due to a high number of inquiries, files to process, and new academic year transition. Our team will do our best to serve and assist you in a timely manner.
Our current service hours and contact information:
Monday-Tuesday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Wednesday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-noon
Summer Hours (during summer quarter and break)
Monday-Wednesday 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-Noon
Robert C. Roberts Campus Center, Building I
Financial Aid Office
Renton Technical College
3000 NE Fourth Street
Renton, WA. 98056