Your graduation application should be submitted to the Enrollment Services counter the first week of the quarter you are scheduled to complete. Students planning to complete in Summer quarter should also submit an application before the Commencement deadline if they wish to participate in Commencement.
Failure to submit your application on time may result in your name not being printed in the commencement brochure. This year’s deadline is May 10, 2020.
Students completing their GED or earning their high school diploma from Renton Technical College before June 1, 2019 will also have their names listed in the commencement brochure.
Step 2: Attending the Commencement Ceremony
The Renton Technical College graduation ceremony will be held on Wednesday, June 24th, 2020 at ShoWare Center in Kent, WA. The ceremony begins at 7 p.m. Students should arrive no later than 6:15 p.m. For a map and driving directions, click here.
Invite as many family and friends as you want to! There are no tickets needed and plenty of seating!
To participate in the ceremony, you will need to purchase a commencement packet from the Bookstore. Commencement packets including cap, gown and tassel will be available for purchase beginning May 13, 2019. Graduation announcements and deluxe tassels will also be available for purchase.
- The graduation packet will be $32.73 (after tax) which includes the gown, tassel & cap.
- The announcements will be $1.65 (after tax) each and will be available as singles or in packs of 5.
- Deluxe "Bling" tassel available for purchase for $12.38 (after tax).
If your cumulative GPA is a 3.70 or higher at the end of Winter Quarter 2019, you will graduate with honors. Honors cords will be available in the Bookstore beginning May 20, 2019. Honors cords are free, compliments of the RTC Associated Student Government.
Step 3: Receiving Your Printed Certificate and/or Degree
The Credentials Evaluator will review your coursework and post your certificate and/or degree to your transcript once all final grades are posted. Certificates and degrees will be mailed to the address provided on your application. Please allow four to six weeks after the end of the quarter for processing.
If you need proof of your completion for a job application, entrance to another college or funding agency you may order an official transcript once the completion is posted.
Students with outstanding debts will not receive their certificate/degree until the debt is cleared.
Replacement Certificate or Degree
If your certificate or degree has been damaged or lost, you may request a replacement document by completing the appropriate application form (links above). Please ensure you indicate the quarter and year that you originally earned the credential(s).
You can request an official or unofficial transcript online. Select one of the links below to proceed:
- Official Transcript (There is an administrative fee of $2.25 to process this request)
- Unofficial Transcript
If you participated in the RTC Commencement Ceremony a few weeks ago, the individual photos of each graduate are ready for you to view. Here are the details:
- Photo proofs have already been sent directly from the photographer, Grad Images. Each graduate for whom the photographer had an email and/or mailing address should have received a copy of their proofs. Contact information was provided on the card you gave to the photographer. If you didn’t receive an email from them, you can contact them directly.
- Information for graduates: Questions can be directed to the commencement photographers at GradImages Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576, online at www.gradimages.com, or email email@example.com. They have a large team of customer care representatives ready to help graduates and family members with anything they may need.
- PR Images are also available to you: Here, you can download individual PR images from Grad Images Client Portal website.