Winter Quarter Safety Protocol: Only lab instruction classes will meet in person. Please do not come to campus unless you are scheduled for on-campus lab instruction. Anyone coming to campus for in-person lab instruction must fill out the Campus Access Form every day, wear a mask, and maintain social distance.
For your safety and the safety of the campus, we strongly encourage all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to download the Alertus Recipient Application in order to receive important emergency alerts including school delay or closure information.
This page is intended to help give you a summary of the services and resources available to you as you embark on your RTC journey. Please review the contents of this page in its entirety and use the 4 steps below as a guide.
- Review your area of studies frequently asked questions (FAQ) document from the list of programs below.
- Watch the previously recorded new student orientation video which features walkthroughs of how to set up your main RTC accounts in preparation for week 1.
- Log on to Canvas to see your classes and watch your instructor's welcome video.
- Visit the RTC Welcome Center for additional assistance:
- Monday through Thursday:
- Morning Session: 9-11 a.m.
- Evening Session: 2-4 p.m.
- Note: During the 1st week of each new quarter, evening Zoom hours are expanded until 6 p.m.
- Meeting ID: 962-4916-1892
- Phone: (253) 215-8782
- Join via Zoom: Start Here
- Monday through Thursday:
Frequently Asked Questions: Program-Specific
Canvas: your online classroom
Online classrooms will be held in Canvas (rtc.edu/canvas) and this helpful guide can assist you with how to log on. Take the free Getting Started at RTC course to learn about computer access, Canvas, and RTC resources to be a successful student. Remember email@example.com is available to help with any canvas related questions you may have.
The pandemic has affected us all. If you have been impacted and need resources on housing, food, transportation, daycare, unemployment, etc., please visit our canvas Emergency Resources page. If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19 we encourage you to look at both the Emergency Grant Application and the COVID-19 CARES Act Emergency Aid Inquiry form.
Student RTC Email
As an enrolled student, you have been assigned a college email address. Please activate your student email. It is important that you use your RTC student email as it will be the main channel for communications from your instructors and the college. Here are some helpful pages when familiarizing yourself with your RTC email:
- Activate Your Email
- Access Your Email Account
- Student Email on Mobile Devices
- Frequently Asked Questions About Student Email
It’s also a good practice to link your RTC student email with your personal email account so that you don’t miss out on important information. To set up email forwarding:
- Click the Settings (gear) icon (located at the top of the page)
- In the search bar, search “Forwarding”
- Enter your personal email in “Forward my email to:”
- Check “Keep a copy of forwarded messages” and “Save”
If you have questions, contact the Student Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 235-2500.
Your Academic Counselor
Every program at RTC has an assigned counselor that works out of the Student Success Center and each counselor has expertise in a special area to provide communication between faculty/curriculum areas. The full list of academic counselors can be found by visiting: www.rtc.edu/advising.
If you have general questions or are unsure who your specific counselor is, please reach out to the student success center:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (425) 235-5840
- Text: (425) 448-3416
- Zoom: visit the RTC Zoom Lobby page
You can find and purchase textbooks at our online bookstore. Our bookstore website has a textbook search tool and you may also find required textbook information directly from your instructor or listed on the course syllabus. For additional help, connect with an adviser or view this short 3-minute Finding My RTC Textbook video.
Learning Resource & Career Center (LRCC) offers personalized assistance and specialized tools that help students and staff achieve academic success and meet their career goals. The center is located on the first floor of building C in room 102. Students have access to a variety of services, which include:
- Employment Services
- Student ID cards
- Online tutoring (via ZOOM)
- Scholarship help
- Free printing
- CHIPS: Free computer help & repair
- Calculator loans
- The LRCC Food Pantry
- Technology Assistance Program/Laptop Loan Program
If you have questions, contact the LRCC at LRCC@RTC.edu (425) 235-2352 ext. 5721.
The Renton Technical College Library offers research help, online and print resources, and technology help to support students with their academic goals at RTC. The Library is located on the second floor of the C building. Students have access to a variety of different resources including, but not limited to:
- Checkout services: Students have access to thousands of books, eBooks, magazines, articles, and videos to supplement what they are learning in class, to prepare for a test, or to borrow just for fun.
- Research help: Students can book one-on-one sessions with librarians to help them with research and APA/MLA citations for their papers.
- Computer lab access with printing and scanning
- Group study rooms
- Reflection Space: Students have access to this space for prayer, reflection, and meditation.
During COVID-19, the Library will be closed but will be offering online services like research help. Limited curbside pick-up services will be available for materials throughout the quarter.
If you have questions, please contact the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at (425) 336-2764.
Above: Watch a video of the last orientation held via Zoom.
- Behavioral Health
- Campus Security
- Career Services
- Counseling & Advising
- Dining Services
- Disability Resource Services
- Financial Aid
- LGBTQ Resources
- Testing Services
- Title IX
- Veteran Services
- WOIS Career Assessment Tool
- WorkForce Education Funding
Learning & Technology
- Campus Map & Directions
- Campus Reflection Areas
- Class Schedule & Course Catalog
- Graduation & Commencement
- Parking Information
- Report an Incident or Concern
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Enrollment Services
- Academic Calendar
- Education Tax Credit
- Enrollment Verification
- Get My Schedule
- Pay Tuition & Fees
- Student Forms Library
- Student Online Services
- Transfer Degree Information
- Tuition Refund
Check out the Departmental Contact Information page for other departments.