This program offers students the basic skills they will need to work in an office. The skills covered include how to use a computer keyboard and Microsoft Office programs, business math, business English, human relations, and customer service. A significant part of this program is completed online. You will need a computer and Internet access off campus.
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, Spring
All program lengths are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
At Renton Technical College, tuition is affordable and competitive.
Federal aid is available for most students to help pay for school. Fill out your FAFSA now to get started.
The RTC Foundation offers scholarships to help pay the costs of attending school.
All costs are estimates and are not guarantees. For the most current program information, check with an adviser by calling (425) 235-5840.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Does not reflect Winter 2021 remote learning. Hours vary according to program. For the most current information, see the Class Schedule.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Students entering without keyboarding skills may take longer to complete.
|Course #||Course Title||Crs|
|ASST 095||Clerical Skills Review||3|
|ASST 110||Introduction to Business Writing||3|
|ASST 120||Keyboarding/Data Entry||3|
|ASST 144||Computer Applications||5|
|ASST 181||Human Relations and Career Readiness||5|
Learning Outcomes for Office Assistant/Receptionist Program:
- Create clear and accurate business documents, spreadsheets, database and presentations that are professional in appearance
- Operate office equipment with proficiency while maintaining a safe office environment
- Manage schedules and correspondence in a professional office environment
- Communicate professionally to collaborate, solve problems, resolve conflicts, and provide assistance while respecting the diverse styles, values and cultures of internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, maintain confidentiality, and follow employer policies and procedures
- Pursue professional advancement by applying knowledge of career pathways and job search
External accreditation is not applicable to this program.